This page contains the release notes for the firmware updates of the Favero Assioma power meters.
For the firmware installation, see "How to update the Assioma firmware?”
Firmware Assioma 3.00 - 28 August 2018
- Extend apps compatibility via unified data channel.
- Possibility of manual zero offset from app Assioma 1.2.0.
- Travel/Ship mode from app Assioma 1.2.0.
- Customize auto-off times from app Assioma 1.2.0.
- "Error 99 Killer": further simplification of manual zeroing.
- Other minor improvements.
Firmware Assioma 2.06 - 03 May 2018
- New IAV Power calculation system (new degree of accuracy +-1%).
- Oval chainring compatibility.
- Improved battery monitoring on app Assioma.
- Other minor improvements.
How to Update the Assioma Firmware
You can easily update the firmware of your Assioma power meter with your smartphone or tablet using the Favero Assioma app, which is available for free for Android and Apple devices.
Once you have connected your Assioma via Bluetooh to the app, just enter the "Firmware" tab to check if there are new firmware versions available and then proceed with the installation. If you have any doubts about how to correctly connect Assioma to the app, click here.
The Bluetooth communication of some mobile phone models may cause problems. If your smartphone is in this list, we suggest you use another model, or a tablet, to complete this operation.
If a new firmware version is available, you will see in red "Firmware update available" above the serial number of the pedal. Then click on the "UPDATE" button.
If you have an Assioma DUO, remember to repeat the procedure on both pedals.
To make sure you have updated your power meter correctly: close and restart the app; connect the pedals again and go to the "Firmware" tab; under the firmware version you will see the words "Firmware Updated".
For Assioma DUO, make sure the label "Firmware updated" appears for both pedals.
Before updating the firmware...
Before searching for and installing a firmware update, make sure that:
- The Favero Assioma app is updated to the latest version available on the App Store / Play Store.
- Your smartphone is charged, with active Bluetooth and internet connection.
- Your Assioma’s battery is fully charged.
Downloading and installing the new firmware usually takes only a few minutes: the duration may vary depending on the characteristics of the mobile phone used and the speed of the internet connection.
“Bootloader” safety mode
Assioma has a Bootloader mode that safeguards the good functioning of your power meter in case of unexpected events (e.g. sudden shutdown of the mobile phone). Assioma enters this safety mode by deactivating all non-essential functions, including LED lighting. Assioma might seem off but actually is waiting to be restored through the Favero Assioma App. (How to exit Bootloader mode?)
We recommend that you restore as soon as possible your Assioma. In any case, if you want to postpone the operation until later, remember to leave it in charge.