Black Marlin Wheel Warranty Policy
We recommend checking the product carefully before purchasing from your dealer.
1. If you receive the package and find that the packaging is damaged, inspect the Frames/rims/wheels carefully for damage. If there is no damage, then it is okay to
2. sign for the product. However, if there is damage you need to report this on the delivery slip or, alternatively, refuse the shipment and it will be returned back to Black Marlin (hereafter refer to as BM ). BM will re-arrange shipment within 10 business days after receiving the returned package.
If you sign for the package and do not report any damage then there is no recourse we can have against the delivery company and, unfortunately, you would be responsible for purchasing any replacement product.
2. If you receive the package and the carton is in good condition, but the product is significantly damaged during shipment, please contact us within 7 days after signing and keep the original waybill, packing boxes etc. The return request needs to be made by customers. The shipping express company will provide customer compensation number. Please inform us of the compensation number for delivery tracking.
Warranty Period Time
Rims/wheels/carbon components：from date of sign the products, 2 Year Warranty
For rims, BM provides you with a warranty period of 24 months from date of purchase. If any manufacturing defect occurs within 30 days, BM is obligated to replace the rim(s) and also pay for the shipping cost. If any manufacturing defect occurs within 31 days to 12 months, BM is obligated to replace the rim(s), and customer would be responsible for the shipping cost.
Warranty does not cover:
a). Improper assembly, maintenance, or maintenance by an unauthorized technician.
b). Installation of parts or accessories or tires that are not originally intended for, or compatible with, the Frames/rims/wheels as sold.
c). Damage or failures caused by a crash, accidental damaged, abuse of the product, heat damage (typically caused by the wheel sitting too close to vehicle exhaust), non-compliance with manufacture specifications of usage or any other fractious reasons.
d). The strongest spokes that can be used on our rims are double butted 2/1.8/2mm. Straight gauge 2mm straight gauge spokes are not allowed to be used on our rims or there is no warranty (they are too stiff to use with carbon rims).
e). Spokes, nipples, or wheel building issues if the wheel(s) were NOT built by BM.
f). Normal wear and tear (Spokes, nipples, pawls, bearings, rim tape etc.)
Crash Replacement Policy
In case of accidental or intentional abuse (casing a big jump or drop, crashing, even over your frame/wheel, or any other type of damage to your frame/rim), we offer a crash replacement policy that gives you the following discount on BM frames/rims/wheels. Please note that you are still responsible for the shipping costs.
Rims/wheels/carbon components: From date of ship, 1 year Crash Replacement with 10% discount
Special Notes for Warranty and Crash Replacement Policy:
1.The Warranty program is not transferable and only applies to the initial purchaser.
2. Any problem found on the warranty replacement product should be claimed within 7 days after the replacement is received, otherwise it will be viewed as settled. The warranty period applies to the original order and does not get reset with a replacement frame/wheel/rim.
3. The warranty and crash replacement policy are stipulated here for all frames/wheels/rims unless stated on the product page on our website.